Test the lock/unlock with the door open and closed. If the issue only occurs when the door is closed, check on the following causes:
1. Door prep – ensure proper strike hole depth in the door frame.
- It must be a minimum of 1” deep.
2. Do you need to push or pull the door to lock the deadbolt manually?
- Adjust tab on lower strike to center deadbolt head
- Ensure deadbolt strike is at least 1” deep on frame of door
- Check that door thickness is supported - 1-3/8" to 1-3/4
3. Weather stripping –check that weather stripping is not impending the door alignment and adjust if necessary
4. Battery corrosion – Check and replace batteries when necessary to avoid corrosion
5. Overtightened bolts - Remove interior trim and subassembly, loosen thru bolts, reinstall without overtightening the bolts
Refer to “Warped Door” guide to make the necessary adjustments to properly align the door.